Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Article

Much like some of the other posts elude to, this was an article I had a very hard time understanding and fully grasping the concepts. The concept of how art was analyzed before the advent of formalism is confusing to me. I also expected the article to have a few more concrete examples. Much of the article was all over the place.

It was clear from the article that Russia was suppressing the opportunity for critics to formally review work. A scared population is not one which can produce critical analysis. I wish had been able to understand in a little more detail the idea of Neo Formalism. I too googled this article and found the class blog from 2009 and the confusing posts about the article. So I hope some of my confusion will be answered during class later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment