Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Obvious and the Code

I hate to be repetitious, but I also did not clearly follow what the article was saying. I think that the author attempted to explain simple concepts in terms much more complicated than necessary. Overall, for me the language he utilizes made the article hard to comprehend. More specifically, I didn't quite understand the difference between specific and non-specific codes. All I retained is that there are certain camera angles and maneuvers that allow a simple scene, such as the car scene in The Big Sleep, to intentionally become something more than it looks. I think I couldn't fully understand because the author doesn't seem to explain each code. If anyone can clarify this please do! I definitely need further explanation in order to see how this one specific scene, with these specific shots, can relate to other movies and explain the broader picture of how this pertains to cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment